I am a Senior Lecturer at the Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies(ACCMS), and Department of Social informatics in the Graduate School of Informatics at Kyoto University. My research includes: Learning Analytics, NLP/Text Mining, Educational Data Mining, Machine Learning, Language Learning, and the application of blockchain in education.
- I have been granted funding as the principal investigator for a new research project titled: “Learning Support by Novel Modality Process Analysis of Educational Big Data”, JSPS Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (Exploratory) (6,370,000円 課題番号21K19824)
- Prof H. Ulrich Hoppe gave a very informative presentation titled “Beyond dashboards – Learning Analytics architectures, techniques and applications” as a part of the APSCE LAEDM SIG. If you missed the registration deadline or weren’t able to make it, a recording is available on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq4dUucqKpM
- I’m an organizing a workshop at LAK21 this year with a new data challenge focusing on K-12 reading behavior: The 3nd Workshop on Predicting Performance Based on the Analysis of Reading Behavior. The workshop will be held online this time to avoid the disappointment that occurred last year when it was suddenly canceled due to COVID-19! If you are interested please follow the link above to the CFP!
- I have been granted funding as a co-PI for a new NEDO research project titled: 「学習者の自己説明とAIの説明生成の共進化による教育学習支援環境EXAITの研究開発」(Title in English: “Research and development of an education and learning support environment EXAIT by co-evolution of learner’s self-explanation and AI explanation generation”, NEDO人と共に進化する次世代人工知能に関する技術開発事業, link to press release in Japanese)
- I have been granted funding as the principal investigator for a new research project titled: “Knowledge-Aware Learning Analytics Infrastructure to Support Smart Education and Learning”, JSPS Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B) (17,940,000円 課題番号20H01722)
- This year I am the PC executive chair for the track on Advanced Learning Technologies (ALT), Learning Analytics and Digital Infrastructure at ICCE2020 in Darwin, Australia. Please see the Track C3 CFP for more information on submissions.
- Unfortunately, due to the ongoing spread of COVID-19, the organizing committee has decided to cancel this year’s LA-Asia 20 conference. I hope that we will be able to hold it in the future (maybe in 2021?). Will keep you posted as I find out.
I’m helping organize a new international conference as a program co-chair: International Conference on Learning Analytics in Asia (LA-Asia20).
- Unfortunately, due to the ongoing spread of COVID-19, the organizing committee has decided to cancel most of the workshops at LAK20 as the main conference goes online. I’m an organizing a workshop at LAK20 this year: The 2nd Workshop on Predicting Performance Based on the Analysis of Reading Behavior.
If you are interested please follow the link above to the CFP!
- I organized LA@ICCE2019: 6th ICCE workshop on Learning Analytics (LA) – Scaling Up Evidence-based Institutional LA Practices – it was held in Kenting, Taiwan on December 2nd at ICCE2019.
- I organized DC@LAK19: Predicting Performance Based on the Analysis of Reading Behavior: A Data Challenge – it was held in Tempe, USA on March 4th or 5th, 2019.
- I organized LA@ICCE2018: 5th ICCE workshop on Learning Analytics (LA) & Joint Activity on predicting student performance – it was held in Manila on November 26th, 2018. Thank you to all of the participants for making the workshop so lively!
- 2018 OCW videos from the Symposium on Learning Analytics: LMS Independent LA Platform
- 2019 OCW videos from the International Symposium on Evidence-Based Education through Learning Analytics: LA Platform Knowledge Map Infrastructure